I have quite a collection of Sleek Makeup Eyeshadow Palettes now (verging on ridiculous, and I've already given some away) and while I do enjoy admiring the collection and counting each and every one, they haven't been getting as much love as they deserve, so I decided to depot them into an empty MAC eyeshadow palette. I've done my research online for the quickest and the safest way to do it and I came up with my own as a combination of a few sources.
1. Stick the paring knife into one side of the palette.
2. Pop the cover out completely.
3. Drop some alcohol into the base to dissolve the glue holding the pans.
4. Pluck the pans out - the paring knife helps too. Be patient with this step as the eyeshadows are quite delicate!
5. Try to remove glue residue at this point.
6. Place on tissue paper powder side up while alcohol dries.
7. Attach magnet and pre-labelled label.
Voila! You're done!
Easy peasy. :)
3 palettes in one!
I tried the hair straightener method, and while it works well for my MAC eyeshadow pots, I'm too impatient to wait for it to melt the Sleek Makeup palettes. Some eyeshadow pans became a bit dented from premature attempted removal!
Livia is the founding author of TSBB. She loves lipsticks, moisturisers and food. NC25-30. Combination skin. Shannon is Livia's younger sister. She loves dancing, salmon sushi and NYX Matte Lip Creams. NC35-40. Combination skin. Shivanee is their sister-in-law. She loves bright red lipsticks, traveling and shoe shopping. NC40-45. Dry-normal skin.
Read more about us HERE.
Some of our posts contain affiliate links that provide us commission which we use to support The Skin and Beauty Blog. If you enjoy our product reviews, please support us by purchasing products through our affiliate links. Thank you! (◕‿◕✿)